** See updated recipe at the bottom of this page**
So I grew up with oily skin. I kept trying to fight it by drying it out. I even had a medicated face wash that dried my skin out so bad I started bleeding. So one day I heard something that really made me think. They said “the best way to combat oily skin is to stop drying it out. The more you dry it the more your skin freaks out and becomes more oily.” Well yea, that makes sense. Everything I tried only lasted a few hours. So I did a bit of digging and found the oils that are nutritious for your skin and face.
- Carrier oil: Here you can find out about different carrier oils and which one would best fit your needs. I like to use multiple in some of my recipes.
- Frankincense: Oh what isn’t Frank good for? It’s just an overall magic oil. I suggest you google ‘benefits of Frankincense on face’. It’s another great oil for anti-aging, aids in healing, it’s an astringent, evens skin tone, etc.
- Lavender: Lavender is another powerhouse oil. It also helps even skin tone, soothes skin inflammations, supports skin aging, etc.
- Copaiba: Well, honestly, I put this shit on everything (in the Frank’s red hot old lady voice LOL). Every roller bottle I make I add this to it. When you add it to other essential oils, it intensifies that oil. Plus it reduces the appearance of blemishes, promotes a youthful, radiant glow, also aids in skin irritations, etc.
- Roller Bottles: I like using these because they’re cute, easy to travel with and you use less when you’re not pouring it into your hand.
For this I love using the roller bottle. But I’ve used empty YL bottles too. I add 15 drops of Frankincense and 7 each of Lavender & Copaiba. Then I fill the rest with carrier oil(s), Shake and enjoy.
Obviously when you buy your essential oils, make sure to use my link 😘